February 17, 2009

Barnum Elementary Performs at Burger King Opening!




I had the enjoyment on Valentine's Day to go see some of our poet-athletes perform at the Grand Opening of Burger King on Belleview and CO-88 in Littleton, Colorado. Burger King, who has participated in previous SCORES Cups, was a terrific host, allowing our kids to explore the new play area; giving out gifts; raffling off soccer balls; and making a donation to America SCORES Denver.






Check out the video below of some of our poet-athletes performances. The poems that Nayeli and Alissa recited in the video are below in case some of the words were cut out. (Sorry ahead of time for the background noise in the videos).





I AM
I am a soccer ball
I run or fly to catch the net

I am a gorilla
So clever I use my brain to catch my prey

I am a beat that never stops
I never give up

I am an artist
So creative I use my hands for many things

I am a president that gives hope for my team
And makes them reach their dreams

I am a trophy that stands for
Creativity, strength, and intelligence
THAT’S ME!

-Nayeli M.


I Am…

I am a girl, a girl who loves herself
a girl who comes out and shows who she is.

I am a leopard, a clumsy dream catcher
able to be whoever I want to be.

I am a brat, a spoiled dream catcher
that gets everything she wants-
Gimee it or I’ll scream!”

I am a dream shooting for my hopes and wishes
Wow, can they really come true?

I am a sweetheart that loves and cares.
I am a good girl-Gee I hope so.

I am a lion, fierce and mean
Don’t even think about coming and messing with me.
-Alissa M.

No comments: