October 13, 2008

Poetry!

The America SCORES Denver Fall season continues to go well, with the fourth official game day coming up this Friday! Here are just a few poems written by SCORES student-athletes, showing their passion for both writing poetry and soccer...


I Remember…
I remember when I started playing soccer.
I remember when I made my first goal.
I remember when I was goalie.
I remember when I blocked the first ball.
I remember when I blocked a penalty kick!
I remember when I kicked a penalty kick!
I remember when I got hurt in soccer.
I remember when I kicked the ball.
I remember when I juggled the ball.
I remember when I kicked the ball.
-Erick, Barnum Elementary



I Am…

I am a soccer ball I can jump up high.
I’m speeding in the air being kicked by many legs
but the best part in the game is going in the net
and scoring for them and being kicked by the keeper.
-Julian, Barnum Elementary


I Am
I am a soccer ball, here I go SWOOSH!
I am the goal net, BAM I got hurt!
I am a head, BAM I hit the ball!
I am a leg, BAM I kick the ball!
I am a hand , SWOOSH I throw in the ball!
I am a predator, BOOM I kick the ball!
I am a porcupine, BOOM I explode the ball!
I am a devil, a devil that turned into an angel
and makes a goal!
-Diego, Barnum Elementary


The Soccer Ball
La pelota corre rapido
Y mas rapido y todos la patean.
Negro y blanco biste la pelota.
Rapido y mas rapido, despues el ultimo la patea
Y no lo van a creer…da un gol.
-Andre, Knapp Elementary


No comments: