August 7, 2009

New AmeriCorps*VISTA joins America Scores

Hi! My name is Kristine, and I am the new AmeriCorps*VISTA who will be taking over for Julie. Julie has been working with America Scores since last December, and will sadly be leaving at the end of August to embark on a yet unknown adventure. She has definitely left big shoes to fill, and will be greatly missed.

I am a recent graduate of Bucknell University, where I received a Bachelor's degree in psychology and music. Upon graduating I became a team leader for AmeriCorps NCCC, which is a team based year of service. During this time I was able to travel to Mississippi, Michigan, and Minnesota with nine other individuals to strengthen communities around the United States. If you hadn't guessed yet, I love to travel, and during my time at Bucknell was also able to study in Australia, New Zealand, and Nicaragua. I have come back to my home state of Colorado to work with America Scores, and am very excited about this opportunity. Soccer and writing were a big part of my life growing up, and I am thrilled to be able to work with an organization that shares these passions. I look forward to keeping you updated on the world of America Scores. Stay tuned....

No comments: