October 27, 2009

My Soul and Other Poems

We have recieved another batch of very creative and fun poems.  A big thanks to Amanda Webb, girls soccer and writing coach at Eagleton Elementary, for sending these to us.

My Soul

My soul is a horse
racing on a track
through the woods.

My soul is a mean
as a shark
in the waters.

My soul is a gentle
as a flower
in the open.

My soul is as nice
as a rabbit
hopping in the grass.

My soul is as pretty
as a butterfly
flying in the sky.

My soul is as cold
as freezing cold waters.

My soul is a hard
as a garden
in winter.
-Miranda Torres

Why

Why am I so pretty?
Because my mom made me.
Why do I like hearts?
Because I am full of love.
-Hoshi Corona

Untitled

The world is as big as the universe.
The life was as a newborn baby is bright.
The light was as bright as my dreams.
The store was as big as a castle.
The baby was a big as a little bear.
The sun was a far as a star.
The Converse was a cool as the Jordan's.
-Ashley Espinoza

No comments: