October 8, 2009

Yesterday, my Name was Soccer

We have finally gotten to the point in the season where our students are beginning to come up with some very original and creative writing.  Today, I wanted to share with you some poems from the boy's team at Eagleton Elementary.  Special thanks to Chris, their coach, for sharing these with us.

Today, my name is Grant Wood.
I like ice cream.
I play soccer all day.

Yesterday, my name was soccer.
I like macaroni and cheese.
I read books.

Tomorrow, my name will be backpack.
I lick the floor.
I eat crayons.
-Adrian, grade 4

Defense is the key to the game.
Effort is what we’re looking for.
No slacking off in the game.
Venture to the other side of the field.
Every game needs defense.
Really try your hardest.

Soccer is an easy game.
Carry your teammates to victory.
Organize a plan for soccer.
Recognize your team.
Energize your game plan.
Soccer balls are used for a soccer game.
-Jacob, grade 5

If I crashed on the moon, I will bring a big water bottle so that I could drink on the way.
I will also bring food to eat on the way.
I will also bring a flashlight so that I could see the dark side of the moon.
-Kevin, grade 5

Also, as promised, please CLICK HERE to look at pictures from last weekends Fall Frenzy.  Pictures may also be viewed on our Facebook fan page.

Speaking of Facebook...don't forget to help support SCORES by joining our cause.  CLICK HERE to join!

No comments: