December 6, 2010

Ready, Set, Create!

Local artists are teaming up with SCORES to create some inspiring pieces. The artwork they create, based on SCORES poetry, will be sold on March 10th, 2011 at the annual Inspired Art Auction to help raise funds for the America SCORES Denver and Think 360 youth programs.
When asked "Why participate?" artist Angela Canada Hopkins responded,
I have experienced the power of healing through art first-hand. When I saw how Scores was working with youth through writing I wanted to support their mission. With my art I hope to portray the feelings of the particular poem that touched me. I strongly believe an open dialogue and the sharing that comes from an expression of creativity is incredibly therapeutic.
To learn more about artist Angela Canada Hopkins and Inspired Art 2011 visit the Inspired Art website at www.inspiredartdenver.wordpress.com.

No comments: