June 4, 2009

Beautify Barnum

This Spring the Barnum SCORES team spent their time thinking of ways to make their community better. As a team they decided to go out into their community and pick up trash particularly at homes of elderly people who were unable to do so. They also cleaned up around their school and planted a garden.


Barnum Reflection on Community
I am part of a clean, respectful community that helps clean up graffiti and litter. The community that I am a part of is always clean and if someone throws litter on the ground or does something to make the community look bad, our SCORES team can go clean it up.
This year our SCORES team was helping our community by cleaning up litter and planting a garden in front of our school. Our service-learning project was to "Beautify Barnum" by making our school look cleaner. Our community has also helped by erasing graffiti and getting people to recycle. This is the kind of community I live in.
~ Jose G.

A community is quiet and respectful. A community is where people live and schools are with parks and kids playing. A community is where people help their neighborhood by keeping it clean and are committed to helping the community. A community is a bunch of neighbors that respect one another and respect the community.
~ Nayeli M.

My community is an amanzing place and has gotten more beautiful because we planted flowers in front or our school. This was part of "Beautify Barnum." That means Barnum is going from blue to green, that is why I am part of a community.
~ Diego B.

A community is a home, a place you feel safe in. A community is a place that is filled with people you love, your friends, neighbors and even pets. A community is a place that cares for you because a community is a place filled with love. Whenever I hear the word "community" a good pretty picture comes to mind because when I hear that word I think of home. And my home is my community where I feel loved, cared for, and safe. That's what a community is.
~ Rebecca H.

No comments: