May 29, 2009

Cheltenham Team Reflection


The Cheltenham Girls Team spent the spring season learning about recycling and implementing a recycling program at their school. They had a presentation by Becky Gorton from Denver Recycling. She presented beneficial information on the importance of recycling and all the different types of items that can be recycled. The girls really enjoyed the presentation especially the slideshow. They were surprised to find out that everything comes from nature; especially that plastic comes from oil!


Below is the team's reflection on their project and some poems they wrote about recycling.

- I liked it when we worked together. It was fun! (Jasmine)
- I feel like I started a new life because I starting saving the world. (Alijah)
- I think this project is really really good because we are helping the earth. We are helping the earth by recycling and leaving good footprints. This project was really cool. The best part was when we got to work with water. (Leslie)
- I feel good about our project because we are helping the children in the future now that we did it in the past. (Jennifer)

Yes We Can
Yes we can!
We the Scorpions of Cheltenham elementary
Will tell you that our words can convince you to recycle
By telling people to recycle.
Yes We Can!

For too long our community has seen littering on the street.
It’s a problem because it destroys the earth.
Yes We Can!
If we get more people to recycle it would be a beautiful place to live in.
We are writing this letter because people don’t recycle..
Yes We Can!

For too long our community has seen trash on the street .
It makes more pollution.
Yes We Can!
It will be a beautiful place.
We are writing this letter because people don’t recycle
Yes We Can!

We will use our strength and our powers
To show the world that it can be wonderful.
Sincerely,
Athletes

I Am Green
I am green, are you?
I am green because I recycle my cans. Do you?
I am green because I recycle paper. Do you recycle paper?
I am green because I reuse things that can be used again.
Do you reuse things that can be used again?
I am green because I don’t let the water run. Do you let the water run?
I am green because I turn off the light so we could save electricity. Do you save electricity?
Do you?
I THINK GREEN!!!!!
~ Hillari

Paper
Where does paper go?
I don’t know.
When it’s all used and done
If you use it all, it will be gone.

SO if you think about it,
Take care of earth.
Make sure you recycle
If you don’t, I really care.

If you don’t recycle,
Do you know where your trash goes?
It goes to different landfills.

You should have a bin
to put your recycling stuff in.

So please recycle, people,
It’s good for the earth.
~ Jailene

No comments: